16# double-faced sledge hammer with a fiberglass handle.
* Forged from tool steel.
* Striking faces are precision machined with proper radius and chamfer.
* Heat Treated after machining for increased depth of hardness. (Many makers show a turned striking face. This may look more attractive but means they cut off hardened material, leaving less depth.)
* Heat treatment process produces fine grain structure and RC 45-54 (Rockwell for safety and toughness).
* Clear lacquer finish on head to deter rust.
* 36" fiberglass handle, "jacketed style". (Polymer is injection molded around fiberglass pultrusion, similar to traditional wooden shape).
* Handle is epoxy bonded to bare metal in the eye detail, creating an extremely strong chemical and mechanical bond.
* Meets or exceeds ASME B107.54-2001.